NVYO: inspiring musicians, engaging communities.
The purpose of NVYO shall be to provide an exceptional musical education experience to the members of the orchestras and chamber music programs and to provide artistic performances that enrich the lives of developing musicians, our communities, and our region.
Inspired young people achieving their full musical and personal potential while meaningfully engaging with and enriching their communities.
- The intent of NVYO is to work cooperatively with public and private schools, public school teachers, private music instructors and post-secondary programs in the area to promote and provide music development opportunities for young people.
- Northern Valley Youth Orchestras does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. Northern Valley Youth Orchestras is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
- Excellence: we aspire to the highest attainable level of musical and artistic excellence.
- Engagement: we cultivate active and meaningful community interaction and connections
- Accessibility: we value our increasingly diverse community, and strive to represent and reflect that diversity in our membership and audiences.
- Integrity: we respect NVYO’s members, participants, community, and supporters by carrying out our mission and programming with honesty and transparency.
- Responsibility: we take care of our resources, people, and financial and physical assets, both actual and potential; we research and make decisions in the long term best interests of NVYO, our mission, and our communities.
- Joy: we celebrate the positive, tangible benefits of challenging musical and technical training and performance in a caring and supportive environment.