Parent night overview:
Get texted or emailed short reminders by joining the NVYO Remind group, text @nvyorch to 81010
Fees – updated for 2018-19
- Symphony: Tuition is $ 275 for the season, payable at registration night, on September 17 (or before)
- Philharmonic: Tuition is $250 for the school year, payable at registration night, on September 17th (or before)
- Crescendo: Tuition is $120 for the fall semester ($150 if not enrolled in a NVYO orchestra)
- Fees include all instruction, music use, sectional opportunities, and a tshirt; each family also receives flex-tickets for NVYO events.
- Students joining in the middle of the season may inquire about a reduced tuition rate, presently $150 Philharmonic and $175 for Symphony
- Limited scholarships are available, need or merit- based for all members. Complete the appropriate application HERE or online HERE . Must submit prior to registration for consideration.
In the case of weather cancellations or postponements, there will be a weather announcement on the website home page, email notifications, and posts on local media. Those signed up for the NVYO Remind App (text @4fb6c to 81010 to join) will receive a notification. Cancellations are very rare, so please assume rehearsal is on unless you hear otherwise. For those of you traveling from out of the Grand Forks area, we ask that you please use your best discretion if the road conditions are hazardous. Do not risk your own safety to get to rehearsal.
2017-18 NVYO Policies posted in “For Members” “printable forms”
Attendance You are expected to be in attendance and on time to every scheduled rehearsal. To ensure that the ensembles can attain the highest of musical standards, the NVYO conductors cannot allow more than one absence per semester, except in certain circumstances. We ask that you and your parents review the rehearsal schedule along with other planned activities on your calendar and note any conflicts. Please plan ahead! Keep in mind that your school band or orchestra performance schedule takes precedence over NVYO rehearsal. However we expect that NVYO rehearsal will take priority over non-required school and other activities, including other rehearsals. The membership status of any student exceeding the allotted absences in a semester will be subject for review.
Use the Online Absence Form to let NVYO office & staff know about absences/tardies ahead of time!
Rehearsal absences do not pertain to Dress Rehearsals or Concerts: You are NOT excused from any dress rehearsal or concert except with the express permission of the conductor, with 30 day notice as outlined in the student agreement. The conductor’s decision is final in all matters pertaining to absences from any dress rehearsal or concert.Illness or family emergency is the only reason to miss any dress rehearsal or concert you have not given 30 day notice on. In these cases, please notify the conductor and/or the NVYO Executive Director as soon as possible.
Punctuality You are expected to be seated and tuned 5 minutes prior to the beginning of rehearsal. Rehearsals start promptly at the times posted on the rehearsal schedule. Rehearsal time is valuable and lateness is disruptive to the conductor and fellow orchestra members. Please notify your conductor and/or the Executive Director if you will be late arriving due to a conflict.
Concert dress policy
all black dressy outfit. (no jeans/casual attire) OR
black pants, white shirt, black tie or bow tie.
All musicians: Black hosiery and shoes.
all black dressy outfit
black tux and white shirt, black bow tie. (Tip Top Tux in GF may have a NVYO tux deal.)
All musicians : black hosiery & shoes.