NVYO Symphony rehearsal notes, schedules, rehearsal tips and study videos will be posted here as needed. Check back for updates!
Strauss Blue Danube Roadmap (repeats, rehearsal letters, etc.)
Study videos and audio are posted for some of the pieces HERE
from the conductor, 10/10/17:
I am proud of you for the work and progress you have made so far. Please continue to work hard, practice your parts slowly and with a metronome. Please also listen to recordings of the pieces [note: CLICK HERE for study videos!] and read your part along with it so that you can get a good idea of what role you play at any given moment in the music. We only have five more rehearsals until we play the concert already, so let’s give it our very best these next few weeks.
Please be there early to help set up for Sunday’s combined rehearsal with the Philharmonic group. Thank you! aaaand: WEAR YOUR FAVORITE FLANNEL to rehearsal! 🙂
~ Dr. Kevin Sütterlin, Symphony conductor
Notes from NVYO’s office:
• Always report absences here: http://novyo.org/for-members/absence-notification/
• join the remind class. Text @4fb6c to 81010 (or follow the instructions here: NVYO Remind invite 2017-18
• Symphony rehearsal treats signup: CLICK HERE
• printable parts for our fall music: HERE
GUYS… if you need to figure out concert wear: Tip Top Tux (now on Columbia Rd. near Kinkos/Fedex) is extending a deal to NVYO students. You can purchase an entire tuxedo package (jacket, pants, tux shirt, bow tie, cummerbund, cufflinks, studs) for about $145. (Jacket/pants $110, add shirt for $20 and bowtie for $15) Just tell them you are in NVYO and make sure to leave a few weeks for ordering! They also have some separates available, both new and used, if you already own some pieces. Just ask the manager. JC Penney also sells tux separates and often has sales.
• students, make sure YOUR email address is on the email list along with your parents’. Send any additional addresses to email@example.com